Friday, April 23, 2010

5D Mark II

My dad has a film professor from Boston University staying over at my house. He stayed for two days. During his stay at my house, he brought with him, his Canon 5D Mark II. This is a $2800 camera. He uses it to shoot video only, but he let me try it out. When I tried it, it was late in the night, around 11PM. I put on my 50mm at 1.8f and at 5000 ISO, the picture looked good. Keep in mind, this is super dark. I messed with the ISO settings and was surprised at the noise. The biggest difference between my cameras and this expensive one was the feel – this felt so high quality. It was much bigger too, giving it a nice feel. The magnesium alloy and grip felt like it was made for my hand. It was nothing short of what I expected. I took some nice shots with it – like my dad and the professor and his wife and then just random things around my house.

In the mean time, waiting for my camera has been painful. I am dyeing for my T2i. I am having dreams of taking out my camera and shooting video at 6400 ISO. Anyways, I have also been editing some of my older shots taken with my XSi. There are plenty of good shots and here is one that I liked especially. It was an interesting shot to begin with. After turning the saturation down all the way except for certain areas in Lightroom, it gave it a look i felt satisfactory to upload online. It’s currently on my facebook fan page as well as my Flickr account. Here is a link to my Facebook fan page – please become a fan and “like” me if you do in fact, like my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment