Monday, March 1, 2010

Shooting the Purim Carnival



As a freelance favor, I shot the Purim Carnival at the JCC. I was taking photos for the local Jewish youth group I am in called the BBYO. The conditions for shooting were the worst that could possibly be. It dim lights, indoors and little kids; everyone was moving around quickly and I was doing my best, mostly sticking in 800 or 1600 ISO. Overall, I got the hang of it. I kept settings around this: 1600 ISO, 1/50 shutter speed and 3.5f. I needed between 1/40-1/60 to avoid blur in my photos. I wish i had one of those uber cameras - the ones with over 100,000 ISO and that i had a 1.2f lens, that would have made it much easier and my photos better, however, i managed well with my gear (about $1500 total).Overall it was a good experience for shooting indoors.
    I have a cocktail party/dance/other things coming up to shoot. It's in a week or so and i'll be sure to blog and post photos of my experiences and encounters there, for I'm sure it will be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment